What do you need for jumping fitness?
The equipment is standard – sports shoes, sneakers for aerobics with a high shin or for fitness with a stable sole and the possibility of rigid lacing. The rest is as you like. It is better not to take long wide-leg trousers so as not to step on them. Instead, any leggings, shorts, bicycles will do. Top – comfortable, fabrics – special, breathable.
Do I need to buy boots for Kangoo Jumps? If you do not set yourself the goal of becoming a professional instructor in this area, you can do without them. Boots are expensive, it would be better just to rent them in the studio.
Types of load and training efficiency
Weight loss sessions begin with a warm-up on the floor, steps for 4-5 minutes. Then alternate:
- 1 minute of jumping or jumping out with 3 minutes of rest on steps, light strength exercises or movements without weight.
- Over time, you can alternate 1 to 2 and 1 to 1.
- The toughest protocol is duplicating strength training with plyometrics.
For example, first a person does a goblet squat for a minute, and then – jumping out of a squat on a trampoline for a minute. After that, immediately without rest – the second approach. In fact, the rest is 10-12 seconds, which is required to change equipment.
Training at home
The simplest set of workouts for a beginner looks like this:Walking and joint exercises without a trampoline – 5 minutes.
- Squats are normal on the floor without equipment – 1 minute.
- Jumping on a trampoline with a small squat – 1 minute.
- Glute bridge without weight – 1 minute.
- Press (crunches) – 1 minute.
- Push-ups from the floor are usual – 1 minute, you can do push-ups from the support.
- Jumping jumpin jacks – 1 minute.
- Bent-over traction of the rubber cushion to the belt – 1 minute.
- Arbitrary multi-jumps on 2 legs, small amplitude – 1 minute.
This cycle can be repeated 2-5 times, depending on your health and fitness level. All muscle groups are involved, a significant cardio load is obtained. At the end of your workout, walk for 3 minutes until your heart rate settles and stretch.
Exercise options and technique
Multiple jumps with a small dip
The main stand on the trampoline is with feet shoulder-width apart. With a slight bend of the knees, jump upward, softly land.
Step-Tep with Jump
This is an easy jump from the supporting leg to the toe of the one that comes forward, balance with your hands so as not to lose balance.
Jumping out of the scissors
Get down into the scissor lunge, jump upward with a powerful push of both legs. You can hold on to the handle with your hand so as not to lose balance.
Step-knee, or “no up”
A classic step from aerobics with a light jump on the supporting leg. Raising the thigh, you should shorten the press. The steps alternate.
This is a normal jump from neutral stance to feet apart, arms apart. The movement is repetitive. You need to land on slightly bent knees. Beginners jump softly, slightly coming off the surface of the trampoline, those who continue can try the “star” option, as in the photo.
Burpee and Burpee over the trampoline
This is the usual “fell-squeeze”. You need to take the position of the support lying, push up from the floor, jump to bring your legs to your hands and jump up. In the burpee version, jump over the trampoline, and in the burpee version with jumping onto the trampoline, jump onto it, and then jump down to the floor and repeat the sequence.
During strength intervals, movements are performed in a flat style, first one of the squats, then pulls on the back, push-ups on the chest, standing presses with dumbbells, movements for biceps and triceps.
The following strength exercises are the most popular:
- Goblet squat. Coming down to the floor, hold the dumbbell on your chest. Go down to a full squat, keep your back straight, shoulder blades collected, press taut. Return to starting position.
- Bent-over Rows. We use dumbbells, shock absorbers, mini-barbells, any weights that are suitable for weight. We perform a forward bend, collecting the shoulder blades, pulling the inventory to the waist, lowering it to its original position.
- Push-ups (variations). Beginners start with their hands on a trampoline and a straight back. They bend their elbows and drop down to touch the chest of the trampoline. Advanced do push-ups just off the floor, experienced ones put their socks on the trampoline, and their hands on the floor.
- Standing press. Pull up the press, collect the shoulder blades, press the dumbbells up from the shoulders, fully straightening the arms. Lower in the same trajectory as the bench press.
- Biceps curls. Standing, bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells to your shoulders. The advanced ones combine these movements with lunges and squats to burn more calories.
- Triceps Extension. Can be performed in an incline, while unbending both arms. If the mobility of the shoulder joint allows, bring the dumbbell behind your head, bend your arms at the elbow joints and unbend.
- The press is pumped with standard twists. From a lying position on the floor, feet at a distance of 10-12 cm from the buttocks, the lower ribs are pulled up to the pelvic bones.
Important: You can simply do push-ups, squats and crunches instead of advanced strength exercises. But for self-training at home, it’s always best to choose an interval style and alternate jumping exercises with strength exercises. It is safer in terms of injury and effective in increasing muscle tone.